Resources and Links
- Click here to obtain the complete Welcome Me as I Am Toolkit.
- Click here for 'A guide to SVP visitors on Mental Health'.
- 'Its still ME Lord' - a film exploring Spirituality and Dementia....Its so important that our Faith Communities should be places of welcome for people with dementia and their carers. This film which was made by Ben Bano explores how we can bring this about and at the same time enhance person-centered care and dignity through focussing on spiritual need in residential and nursing homes. Ben said: Over 2500 copies of the film have already been distributed and the ongoing demand for the film shows the interest being taken in this important subject'. 'Its still ME Lord is available from Caritas Social Action Network and is also available online - for more details click here.
- Some useful websites:
- Royal College of Psychiatrists – www.rcpsych.ac.uk (Helpful factsheets are available on this website).
- MIND – www.mind.org.uk
- Rethink – www.rethink.org.uk
- Mental Health Foundation – www.mentalhealth.org.uk
- Young Peoples Mental Health and well being – www.youngminds.org.uk
- Information on dementia – www.alzheimers.org.uk
- Support for carers : www.carersuk.org.uk
- Catholic Bishops Conference Mental Health Project: www.mentalhealthproject.org.uk
- The Counselling Directory: www.counselling-directory.org.uk/
Implemented and hosted by Canterbury Web Services Limited © 2006-2015